No one wants to find a bed bug in their home. These annoying parasites specialize in sucking our blood and causing itchy, red bumps. Plus, once bed bugs appear in your bedroom, they can be very hard to completely remove.
However, if you see a bed bug in your Omaha home this winter, do not panic. You have many options for dealing with these annoying pests. The rest of this article will give you all of the information you need to rid your home of bed bugs once and for all.
How to tell if you have bed bugs
Firstly, you need to be able to spot the signs of bed bugs. It is unlikely that you will ever see an actual bed bug. And, if you do, they will just look like small, black dots moving around on your bed.
It is much more likely that you will see the signs of bed bugs long before you actually see the bugs themselves. If you are worried that bed bugs have taken over your Omaha home, look for the following signs.
- If you wake up with itchy, red bumps on your legs, arms, or other exposed areas of your body, then you likely have bed bugs.
- Bed bugs shed their skins. So, if you see bed bug skin underneath your mattress or in the baseboard/headboard of your bed, you likely have bed bugs.
- Finally, you may see small, dark, rust-colored spots on your sheets or pillowcases. These spots are the bed bugs’ excrement.
You can visit this site to learn about other signs of bed bugs.
What to do if you have bed bugs
Okay, now you know that you likely have a bed bug problem in your Omaha home. As we mentioned above, don’t panic. Your first order of business is to clean all of the places where the bed bugs may be hiding. Most often bed bugs are found in bedrooms, so you will need to clean
- Clothes, linens, drapes, and any other cloth found in the bedroom. Make sure that you dry all of these items on the highest dryer setting.
- Vacuum everywhere. This includes the area around your bed, in every corner, and in the crevices of furniture.
- You may want to use insecticide found at most grocery stores. Just make sure that the product you choose is safe for use in bedrooms.
- Contact Beeline Pest Control. We are your Omaha choice for bed bug extermination. Not only are our products safe and tested for efficiency, but we also provide service in four hours as long as you call before 2 p.m. Plus, Beeline Pest Control provides free inspections and quotes. When you choose Beeline, you can rest assured that you will have an active role in the extermination of the bed bugs in your home. Contact Beeline Pest Control today and ask to learn more about our bed bug services.