Cockroaches are not just an annoying pest, they can cause serious food-spoilage and spread disease. It is fair to say that no one wants cockroaches in their homes. Unfortunately, cockroaches can live almost anywhere, including Omaha.
Although you don’t want cockroaches in your Omaha, Nebraska home, if you see one, it is not cause for panic. You have a lot of options for exterminating cockroaches, and this article will let you know the most common. And, if you don’t want to worry about handling your cockroach problem yourself, you can always call Beeline Pest Control.
How to tell if you have cockroaches
First of all, let’s discuss how you know if you have a cockroach problem. Obviously, if you see a cockroach, you can be fairly confident that there are more of these pests in your Omaha home. Seeing a cockroach is a significant sign that you should contact professional pest control services.
But, even if you don’t see a cockroach, you may still have them in your home. Here are a few more signs of a cockroach problem.
- A bad, musty smell. Cockroaches actually give off a bad odor. So, if your Omaha home has a smell that you cannot place, you may have a cockroach problem.
- You see cockroach skins or droppings. The droppings will be dark, cylindrical, and small. Droppings and skins will most often be found in corners, under sinks, in cabinets, and other places where cockroaches like to hang out.
- A final sign of cockroaches is smear marks on your wall. Cockroaches will put these on your wall as they scuttle along the floor, so look at the junction between the floor and wall. The smear marks will be brown and irregularly shaped.
What to do if you see a cockroach
If you have experienced any of the signs above, and especially if you see a cockroach in your Omaha home, you likely have a cockroach infestation. As we stated at the beginning of the article, this is not a cause for panic, just action. The following ideas will help you exterminate those pesky cockroaches in your home.
- Keep all surfaces free of food and greases. This is especially important in your kitchen. Using storage containers is always a great idea, as this will prevent rodents as well as cockroaches.
- Make sure the entrances to your home are sealed tightly.
- Don’t let plumbing problems go untreated. Cockroaches need water just like every other animal.
- Contact Beeline Pest Control. We are your Omaha source for the best cockroach extermination. And, if you call us before 2 pm today, we will be at your home within four hours guaranteed. Now you don’t even have to wait for a solution to your cockroach problem, Beeline Pest Control has you covered.
Other reasons to call Beeline Pest Control include our free, zero-obligation quote. Our technicians are licensed and have received all of the latest training, which means they will know how to remove cockroaches efficiently and safely. So, if you see a cockroach in your Omaha home, you need to call Beeline Pest Control.